- Can putting all functionality into a plugin(s) handle the types of situations that arise?
- What complications can arise?
- What are some things to look for/keep an eye out for (i.e. __PLUGINDIR__)?
- What are some best practices to achieve this separation of theme and functionality?
- More things to worry about backing up, i.e. functionality plugin instead of simply the theme folder/uploads
- Pitfalls for some existing workflows (i.e. git repo for just the theme) – how to avoid/resolve?
- Is it ok to pick and choose when to put things in themes vs plugins (i.e. client needs a site, never going to change the theme) – think about the 5 year plan of the site
Thanks to everyone who participated!